Children 3 to 5 years old have their questions answered at a developmentally appropriate level. Calm them that responsible adults are in crisis, and that they and their families are not in danger.
Here's Tips for parents :
- Keep in mind the importance of routines, especially in times of crisis. Keep regular mealtimes and bedtime. Spend quiet time every night calmly.
- Turn on the TV and radio when children around. You control the information they need and how it is presented.
- What most children need to hear is that the adults around them take care of them.
- Try to stay as calm as possible to children. Children should adults with emotion, but it discourages them if their parents to lose control.
- Children can be very resilient when they feel supported and cared for by their parents and care provider.
- Have no fear, seek help for yourself or your child. These are unusual circumstances. It is normal that not all the answers.
Blogged with the Flock Browser